We all have heard distinct views on dieting. Many of us might feel skipping breakfast helps you lose weight faster, while others may not feel the same.
And at last you stand clueless, as what actually is to be followed. There are many diet myths which became popular and are only partly true. These misconceptions act as a barrier to your weight loss and dieting journey.
Here are some common myths about dieting-
1. Skipping breakfast aids weight loss- The rationale behind this myth is, if you skip one meal a day it leads to lower calorie intake. However, studies have shown it actually is other way around. Skipping breakfast is associated with overweight/obesity. Also, a healthy breakfast makes it easier to skip unhealthy snacks later in the day.
2. Late night food leads to weight gain- The food you choose to eat late night and amount of food you eat, are two major factors that play important role in your weight management. Avoid high-calorie treats like ice-cream, popcorn etc. Instead switch to healthy snacks like low-fat yogurt or fruits.
3. Intense workout leads to weight loss- Regular exercise is good for your physical or mental health. Although, exercising more than required will not guarantee quick weight loss. If you want lose weight, you also need to minimize you calorie intake. Diet and proper work out go hand in hand.
4. Carbohydrates make you fat- It is assumed that all carbohydrate food is bad, however carbohydrate rich whole foods are very healthy. Refined grains and sugar with refined carbs are associated with weight gain. You can definitely include low-carb food in your diet for weight loss.
5. Fat makes you fat- Fat is very calorie-dense and commonplace in junk foods. If you ensure your calorie intake is within a healthy range, fat won’t make you fat. Some study suggested that diet with high fat and low carbohydrate causes weight loss. Make sure you include healthy fats in your diet.