Foundation is the basic requirement to complete your makeup routine. But, choosing the right foundation for you can turn out to be a difficult task.
Foundation is available in liquid, cream or powder form. It makes your skin look gorgeous and also covers up skin issues like acne, dark spots, rosacea and more.
Here are some tips you should consider before buying one-
- Skin type
- The Ingredients
- When in Doubt, Go Lighter
1. Coverage- If you don’t like to wear makeup, go for a sheer foundation or one that promises natural-looking skin. People, who like a little concealing look, opt for medium coverage products. Medium coverage base is the choice for an everyday look. And for special occasions, choose a foundation that provides a full coverage.
2. Skin Type- Your skin type is a crucial factor when it comes to choosing finishes. If you have oily skin, buy matte finished foundation, as it will help you with shine control. For dry skin, picking a hydrating foundation will be the best choice as it pumps up your skin. If you are not sure about your skin type, apply primer to prevent oxidation.
3. Undertones- If it’s difficult for you to find the exact foundation match, then go find your undertones. Generally, people with green veins should go for warm undertone. And people with blue-ish veins can go for cool-toned. Similarly, a neutral-toned person has a mix between the two.
4. The Ingredients- Look for the ingredients in your foundation. Foundation containing moisturizing ingredient like hyaluronic acid is an ideal choice for dry skin people. If you have acne prone skin, buy foundation containing salicylic acid. To get protection against UV rays, you can go for foundation with SPF.
5. When in Doubt, Go Lighter- If you are confused between two shades, always choose the lighter one. You can always use a blusher or bronzer to deepen the foundation shade on your cheeks and forehead. But, you can’t do the same thing if you choose a darker shade.