We all want to look perfect and gorgeous when we go out. But, greasy hair can prevent you from looking and feeling your best. Like oily skin and acne, it may make you feel self-conscious. An excessive greasy scalp can cause uncomfortable itching and dandruff.
You don’t need to apply excessive amount of hair oil as the natural oils present in the scalp are enough to protect your hair. They are vital for a healthy scalp and silky hair.
Here are some ways to reduce oil from your hair without damaging your hair or irritating your scalp-
- Wash your hair
- Use shampoo and conditioner properly
- Clean your brush
- Dry shampoo
- Avoid heat tools
1. Wash your hair- If you have oily hair, you may need to wash your once every two days. It aids in the removal of both excess oil and dirt. However, don’t wash frequently if not needed. Over washing can soak up your scalps natural oil and cause more production of oil to rehydrate.
2. Use shampoo and conditioner properly- Gently apply small amount of shampoo into your hair roots and scalp. Avoid scrubbing your scalp this may irritate your scalp. Don’t apply shampoo to the hair ends, let the shampoo flow through the ends as you rinse. On the other side, condition just the hair ends and not your scalp.
3. Clean your brush- Clean your brush every time you wash your hair. Clean your styling tools with a bit of shampoo or soap to remove dirt from it. Check for loose hair after each brushing to keep your brush free of oil and dirt.
4. Dry shampoo- You can also try dry shampoo. It can help you dry out oils and give a cleaner appearance to your hair. There are many dry shampoos available added with some soothing fragrance to freshen you up. Also, you need to wash it off completely the next day so as to avoid irritation and damage. As dry shampoo can add residue that makes you hair and scalp gritty and dirty.
5. Avoid heat tools- We all love dressing up and giving our hair a best hairstyle by using hair styling tools like straightener and curling wand, but this usage damages your hair. And especially it is a big NO for people with oily scalp. They make your scalp greasy and weak.