Fed up with your oily skin? And want to make your face look gorgeous and oil-free. Then, this article will solve all your problems.
Overproduction of sebum from sebaceous glands is the main reason for your oily skin. Sebum is a fat-based greasy substance. It protects and moisturizes your skin and gives your hair a shiny and healthy look.
However, excess of anything is bad. Excessive sebum can lead to clogged pores, acne etc. Hormonal changes, genetics and stress are the main reason for increased sebum production.
Here, are some tips to make your skin less oily-
- Wash your face
- Blotting paper
- Use moisturizer
- Exfoliate your skin
- Aloe vera
1. Wash your face- It is advisable to wash your face twice a day for an oil-free skin. Use a gentle or mild soap and warm water to wash your face. Harsh chemical soaps can dry out your skin. Cleansing once in the morning and once at night can give you great result.
3. Blotting paper-It is a thin paper which allows you to blot excessive oil from your face. It is easily available and inexpensive paper. It makes your face look less shiny and greasy from oil.
4. Use moisturizer - Don’t be afraid to use a moisturizer. Market is full of oil-free moisturizer which helps in keeping your skin moist and protected, without it feeling greasy. It helps you skin to remain hydrated.
5. Exfoliate your skin- Exfoliation is basically nothing but removal of dead cells from the top layer of the skin. Dead skin leads to clogged pores. Exfoliate your skin helps removing excessive oil. However, over exfoliation can lead to dry skin and hence excessive oil production.
6. Aloe vera- It has natural anti-inflammatory power. It treats flaky skin caused by oily patches. It also dissolves excess oil through its naturally astringent properties and also cleans the skin. Using aloe vera based moisturizer can benefit your oily skin.