Around 85% of people are affected by acne at some point in their lives. It becomes frustrating at times. There are numerous beauty products to get rid of acne, but they can be expensive and might have undesirable side effects such as dryness, redness and irritation.
What if I tell you that you can easily get rid of acne without buying such products? Here, are some home remedies you can try and get acne-free skin-
- Apply apple cider vinegar
- Zinc supplement
- Honey and cinnamon mask
- Green tea
- Aloe vera
1. Apply apple cider vinegar- It contains organic acids and has ability to fight against many types of bacteria. It also prevents scarring. Though, it is advisable to consult your dermatologist as it may irritate your skin type. All you have to do is-
- Clean your skin
- Mix 1 part of apple cider vinegar and 3 parts of water (use more water for sensitive skin).
- Apply the mixture on your face using cotton ball
- Rinse with water and wipe dry after 5-20 seconds.
2. Zinc supplement- Zinc helps to reduce severe and inflammatory acne. It also helps in cell growth, hormone production and improving metabolic rate. Taking too much of zinc supplement can lead to stomach pain or gut irritation; suggested amount of zinc is 40mg per day.
3. Honey and cinnamon mask- The anti-bacterial properties of honey and cinnamon are well-known. They fight bacteria and reduce inflammation. Honey has the ability to block the growth or kill P. Acne. Steps to make honey and cinnamon mask -
- Clean your skin with soap and water.
- Mix 2 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder, make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes to dry.
- Rinse the mask off and pat dry.
4. Green tea- Green tea has antioxidants that help in treating acne. The main reason for acne is inflammation and green tea contains polyphenols which helps in fighting bacteria and reducing inflammation. You can treat acne by both drinking and applying green tea. To apply, make the tea and let it cool off. Use a cotton ball and apply the tea on your face, let it dry and then rinse off with water and pat dry.
5. Aloe vera- It can be considered as the rescuer for all skin related problems. It contains salicylic acid and sulphur which heals skin and improves acne. When aloe vera is applied to the skin it helps in healing wounds and treats burns. You just have to scrape off the gel from the aloe plant and apply directly to your skin, let it dry and rinse off after 15-20 minutes.