Eating right food is the key of a healthy life. Eating healthy and balanced diet is essential to protect your health. It helps in reducing your chances of many chronic diseases and helps in being physically active.
You need to eat and drink according to your body needs, if you don’t then eating more will increase your weight as the excess energy will turn into fat and eating less will make you lose your weight.
According to studies, men should have around 2,500 calories a day and women should have around 2,000 calories a day. However, the calories intake differs from person to person.
One should add variety of fruits and vegetables in his/her plate, it is loaded with vitamins, fiber and minerals.
Here are some tips which can make your life into a healthy one-
- Slow down
- Increase protein intake
- Drink water
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetable
- Avoid processed food
- Get active
- Eat less salt
1. Slow down- The speed at which you eat impacts your appetite and how likely are to gain weight. Studies have shown that fast eaters are likely to eat more than what is required by their body. Eating slowly may reduce your calorie intake and help you in losing weight. It is linked to chewing thoroughly and improving weight control.
2. Increase protein intake- Protein is a must nutrient to be added in your diet. It helps in building and maintains bones, muscles and skin. Add dairy products to your plate. High-protein meal decreases level of hunger and satiety hormone, more than a high-carbohydrate meal in people with obesity. It helps you feel fuller for long time.
3. Drink water- Drinking enough water is the key to almost everything. It helps in weight loss and promotes weight maintenance. Drink a glass of water before meals can reduce your food intake and your appetite. Replacing beverages with water can reduce sugar and calorie intake.
4. Eat plenty of fruit and vegetable-Vegetable and fruit are a full package of nutrients such as antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber. At least half of your plate should be filled with vegetable and fruits at every meal and snack. Try to eat seasonal fruits and vegetables as such as your can.
5. Avoid processed food- During processing, important nutrients like minerals; vitamins and fiber are removed while salt and sugar are added. It adversely affects your health and makes you lethargic. Eating excessive amount of processed food can damage your organs and cause gastrointestinal disorder.
6. Be active- Eating right and exercising regularly is the ultimate combination to have healthy and happy life. It reduces risk of getting serious health conditions. Go for a walk or workout at your gym in order to remain active.
7. Eat less salt- Eating excessive salt can raise your blood pressure and ultimately lead chances of getting heart disease. The study suggests, 1.5g of salt per 100g is adequate. Try to avoid salt in your food as 75% of salt is already there in your everyday food.