You must have heard or read a lot that how much vitamin E can benefit your skin, health and also your hair. Well, vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin that acts as a powerful antioxidant and also protects cell membranes from external damage cause due to pollution, dirt etc.
It is found in most vegetable oils, nuts, oilseeds, whole grains and green leafy vegetables. Vitamin E deficiency is less likely as it is present in almost all the foods.
Well, let’s now understand, what actually are the advantages of vitamin E to your body-
- Acts as a moisturizing agent
- Hair growth
- Treats sunburns
- Fades stretch marks
1. Acts as a moisturizing agent- Vitamin E is an oil-soluble nutrient, which prevents loss of moisture. It also restores and rejuvenates dull skin and makes your skin glow. You can break and mix vitamin E capsules to your regular lotion or into virgin olive oil, and apply it on your skin at bedtime. Next morning, you will wake up with moisturized and refreshed skin.
2. Hair growth- Vitamin E improves blood circulation in the body and the scalp. It also repairs dry and damaged hair follicles which promotes hair growth. You can break and mix vitamin E capsules with coconut or olive oil, massage it into your scalp and hair and let it rest for at least an hour. Then, with warm water, wash your hair.
3. Treats sunburns- It protects your skin from ultraviolet radiations which causes dark sports and sunburn. It neutralizes the damage caused by UV rays. All you have to do to cure your sun burnt skin is take 2-3 drops vitamin E oil and massage it on the affected area.
4. Fades stretch marks- Stretch marks are marks that appear due to overstretching of skin, making the skin lose its elasticity. It is a common side effect of pregnancy or weight gain. Regular application and massaging of vitamin E oil on stretch marks helps in restoring elasticity in that area.
5. Anti-ageing – It prevents your body and skin from ageing. It helps in reducing wrinkles, and prevents your skin from becoming saggy. As it promotes production of more collagen which helps in maintaining elasticity of the skin.